Sunday, May 17, 2015

Pacific Equestrian Center Dressage Show

This was just a quick one-nighter to see my beautiful daughter (Erin) compete in the Pacific Equestrian Center's dressage competition in Wilton, CA.  It barely fits the definition of a camping trip, but I'm including it all the same.  The drive was, for the most part, uneventful, as we were right smack dab in the middle of two storms.

I stopped at a little roadside stand along the way and bought some really sweet cherries.



Dexter and I finally arrived and met up with Erin, who had ridden to the show with other riders in her barn.  I found a nice, somewhat level parking place and “bloomed” the Bobcat (yes, I'm borrowing the term "bloomed" from the Ski3pins, which is now what I always call it).  The horse trailer to my right is actually a four-horse trailer in the rear and a really nice RV in front.




All set up...



Dexter and I did our own thing as the girls were busy preparing for tomorrow's riding.  I threw a very nice little New York steak on the grill, tossed a salad and poured a couple of glasses of red wine and watched "No Country for Old Men" on the DVD player until midnight.




My beautiful daughter Erin and her horse "Pumori"




Dressage...


Erin took a 2nd Place in her first Pacific Show (I'm so proud...)



It was really hot and muggy at the horse show, but as soon as we hit Auburn (and stopped at Akeda’s), the temp. mellowed out.  By the time we stopped at the Donner Summit rest area, it was cold and just starting to snow.  Dexter, ever the fool, got chest deep in a little pond alongside the rest area, so I had to smell “wet dog” all the way home.  Oh well, if that’s the worst thing I can say about the kid, then we’re doing alright. 


Got home to a cool, cloudy day, unpacked most of the gear and put a few cups of beans in the pressure cooker (who doesn’t like beans on a cold day?).  Now, I’ll get ready for next week’s camp trip to the Black Rock Rendezvous.

1 comment:

  1. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. See the link below for more info.


    #curious
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete